Friday, November 22, 2013

Turquoise and Pearl OOAK Piece

Blog theme for November~
"Transitions"
Good morning, dear readers!
It is still rainy here in the Piney Woods.  We enjoy a pretty Autumn day or two, then we're back to rainy, grey days.  That's okay because I get more tatting time in the Shanty or Atelier with Rosie Fey at my feet and a mug of hot cocoa or tea on the side table when the weather is disagreeable.
 
Here is an image of a OOAK piece I tatted last weekend featuring original needle tatting done with Valdani Luxury Pearl Silk in S49 and size 8 Valdani Pearl Cotton in M49. The eternity circle foundation is comprised of turquoise beads and cultured pearls.
 
 
There are also antique sandy beige Czech seed bead accents on some of the tatting.  I beaded a necklace with various and sundry beads that were in my stash.
 
Well, I have some great news- Jocelin received a VERY high score on her ACT & is eligible for several scholarships at her chosen college.  We are so proud and thankful!
 
Are you working on Christmas projects yet, dear readers?  I am in the process of designing the next FREE pattern for your pleasure and hope you may find it useful for the holiday season.  Let's hope I have time to finish it this weekend so I can proof it during the coming week.  Thanksgiving is less than a week away and I have oodles of cooking to do!  Then, on the day after Thanksgiving, we put up the exterior Christmas decorations while everyone else is at the stores for "Black Friday" shopping. 
 
Rosie Fey is ready for her run in the woods and I need to take more Godiva cocoa to the Shanty.  May you all have a wonderful week and blessed Thanksgiving!  Until next Friday~
Happy Tatting!
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. that is a pretty tat. Congrats to your daughter! have fun with all your thanksgiving festivities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please pass along my congratulations to your daughter.

    As always, your tatting is beautiful. Never thought about having cocoa on the table next to me when I am tatting. For me it's almost always tea - either hot or iced, depending on my mood.
    StephanieW in NC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to your daughter, Great news.

    Lovely pendant, I want to ask you a question I found an antique piece crying out for tatting, do you work forwards making the last row the smallest in the middle or backwards making the last row at the back with the largest rings, I just can't remember. Hope you don't mind me asking
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete