Thursday, June 27, 2013

Findings For Wedding Hair Adornments

Shabby Vintage Bridal
Good morning, dear readers!
 
I have had several inquiries about bridal hair accessories.  So, after some digging in the Atelier, I found a few items to illustrate a few options that will hopefully help and inspire.
 
 
This is a good, all-purpose, clear plastic hair comb.  Here are some ideas:  bead it and add tatting, make some silk flowers and add tatting, use the comb to anchor a fascinator that is enhanced with tatting, or add a veil with tatting accents.  I have done all of these and find this little comb to be so very useful!  If you are careful, you can use a Dremel tool on a slow setting to drill holes on the top bar of the comb.  Sometimes, I luck up on combs that are already pierced.
 
 
Other findings that I personally use in my original OOAK creations are imaged above.  The little hair clip has 3 holes at the fat end.  It is so easy to add tatting and beading to it.  It is also an excellent fascinator anchor.  The bobby pin has a flat disc on the end.  I usually adhere a small tatted foundation with a cabochon gemstone over it, allow the adhesive to dry, then proceed to tat around it.  Different size clips and bobbies are available at most craft stores.  Another thing I use the clips for are bodice/outfit accents.  It is so easy to dress up a gown, suit lapel, or even shoes.  Clip them on, go have fun, then unclip them when your home.  This way, you do not pierce the fabric.
 
I hope that this has given you some ideas for hair accessories.  My day is going to be filled with double checking pattern notes and counts.  Be sure to check out the blog tomorrow for the FREE earring pattern!  Have a fantastic day & until tomorrow~
Happy Tatting!
 
 
 
 


1 comment: