Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Playing In The Atelier

Shabby Vintage
Good afternoon, dear readers!
Today has gone so much better that the two previous days!!!  Even though it has been rainy, I have accomplished a good bit in the Atelier.
 
 
Here is a lovely little pendant I'm working on using Sulky 12 wt. cotton in "Ecru" with satin silk sand and turquoise Delica seed beads.  The center will have a small sand colored button pearl accent.  I still have about 4 or 5 more rounds before it is complete.
 
And here is the other special project I'm working on:
 
©Rachel Colvin Jackson, 1993-2013
 
I have used crocheted lengths as foundations for couture jewelry pieces for years, but have never shown it to others before.  I crochet a foundation then attach pearls, beads, vintage items and such as well as tatting.  After adding the focal pieces, I then proceed to fill it up with copious tatting.  This piece is going to be for a very special friend who is going through quite an ordeal.  I just felt that she deserved a special little goody to lift her spirits.  I'll post an image when it is complete.
 
The new blog theme for May is "Shabby Vintage".   I love shabby vintage things and especially enjoy incorporating such elements into my tatting.  I'll have some interesting projects to share this month showcasing how to use treasured finds with your own tatting.  I hope that you'll enjoy it and share your efforts, too!
 
Well, Rosie Fey is ready for a walk now that the rain has slacked up a bit.  Have a fantastic day & until tomorrow~
Happy Tatting!
 
 
 
 


3 comments:

  1. Lovely start to whatever you are going to make, I can see it might be a pendant
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Also, I keep forgetting to tell you but thanks so much for all the lovely threads! I've looked through them several times...I haven't had time to play with them but I hope to soon! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Look forward to seeing the finished design.

    ReplyDelete