Monday, April 8, 2013

Garden & Porch Flowers

Pearls & Lace
Good afternoon, dear readers!
We had a very pleasurable, yet busy weekend.  Jim finally got the garden fully prepped for planting- which we will begin late this afternoon.  The delay in our prepping was due to the large amount of poison ivy that had grown down the back of the fence.  Jim is highly allergic, but I seem to be able to roll in it with no adverse effects.  Now, our 30' X 30' garden is ready for planting!
 
Jim gave me a few new pretty flowers for the front porch:
 
 
The petunias and dianthus are in cute hanging baskets, and the blue plumbago is going to the right of the steps.  The other image is of the dogwood outside our bedroom window.  It is in full bloom.
 
 
Here is an image of our little garden, well, most of it.  This was the best shot I had thanks to the glare.  Notice the recycled swingset frame in the back.  Jim puts a mesh on each side of it and it is perfect for our pole beans.  He is also building tomato towers and a trellis or two for gourds and cucumbers.  I hope we have a good growing season!
 
The other thing that had me busy this weekend was going through my MANY thread cabinets.  I am culling the thread and let me tell you- it's a job!  If I do not plan to use it, I'm giving it to my tatting buds.  I really need the room for a future Valdani order as I'm coming out with 3 more original design lines!  After I cull the thread, I plan to move onto the - GASP- button jars and bead boxes.  Yep, it's going to be a fun couple of weeks, so please be so kind as to bear with the crazy tatting lady!
 
Well, Rosie Fey is begging for her afternoon romp.  Have a wonderful day & until tomorrow~
Happy Tatting!
 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. Your garden is going to look lovely when you have it all planted, the way the weather is at the moment in the UK it's will many weeks before its warm enough to put out hanging baskets or veg plants.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete