Monday, January 28, 2013

Another Winter Blossom Motif & Such

Winter Blossoms
Good afternoon, dear readers!
Hope you all had a great weekend.  We were busy around the house preparing for the upcoming planting season and clearing some of the paths in the woods.
 
I played some in the Atelier and am working on Winter Blossom Motif No. 5.
 
 
Vadani Luxury Pearl Silk S49 (Subtle Elegance) is the thread used and the beads are antique beige Czech seed beads.  I'll see how it progresses this evening.  Maybe I'll have a more complete motif to share with you tonmorrow.
 
I did receive a pearl and bead order today.  Here is a sneak peek at some gorgeous turquoise veined jasper rondels that will be used in an upcoming Piney Woods Atelier exclusive collection piece-
 
 
I just love this color varigation!
 
The other project I'm working on today is preparing some fabrics for embroidery.  Before I hand embroider, I take the time to thoroughly prepare my fabric.  This consists of washing & drying it a couple of times, then ironing it, transferring my original design and carefully stretching it in the hoop.  I'm hoping to have a mixed fiber media project to present to you soon!
 
Well, I have got to get back to washing, drying & ironing the fabric.  Have a wonderful day & until tomorrow~
Happy Tatting!
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment