Wednesday, October 10, 2012

New Pearls

Good morning, dear readers!  Yesterday didn't exactly go as planned.  Despite the very best of intentions, I got very little tatting done.  After talking to my mom, I went to the nearest Michael's store and purchased more yarn to crochet Dad another shawl.  He recently underwent rotator cuff surgery and for some reason, the shawl I did for him a while back is just right for easing the aches in his healing shoulder.  As a matter of fact, my mom can't get it away from him to wash- hence the need for another.  The trip to the store took most of my morning.  Upon returning home, I had a wonderful package waiting on the porch-
 
NEW PEARLS!!!
 
 
Here are 3 strands of bronze rice pearls.
 
 
3 strands of olive rice pearls- LOVE this color!  These look fantastic with "Golden Moss" Valdani Luxury Pearl Silk.
 
 
And 3 strands of varying sizes of coin pearls.
 
I spent the afternoon and early evening admiring the new pearls, figuring out what threads to pair them with, and sketching out several design ideas.  The remainder of my evening was spent crocheting the shawl for Dad.  I made a good bit of progress on that project.
 
The main goal for today is to do more on the Autumnal Transitions brooch.  Perhaps I'll even get around to prototype tatting one of the design ideas I sketched out utilizing the coin pearls.  Well, I'm off to the Atelier.  Have a wonderful day & until Thursday~
Happy Tatting!
 
 
 
 
 
 


4 comments:

  1. Those pearls are beautiful!! :)
    I hope your dad heals quickly. My dad has his first done quite awhile ago and it's doing well, but in a couple weeks we go and he will have a reverse shoulder done on the other shoulder.
    Have an awesome day!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see what you make with the coin pearls. they are my favorites.
    Rosemarie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous pearls. I am wondering what you are going to make with them
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm also curious about the coin pearls and how you will use them.

    I also hope you'll show the shawl when it's finished. It's great that the other one you made is so comforting to your dad!

    ReplyDelete