Monday, October 8, 2012

Early Autumnal Transition Inspiration

Good morning, dear readers!  Hope you all had a wonderful weekend.  Mine was full of creative stimulation and inspiration.  It is that time of year when my Piney Woods begin the transition into Autumn colors.  Leaves are just starting to get a tinge of color.  With each walk in the woods, my mind whirls with tatting design possibilities and color inspirations.  After a stroll, I went into the Atelier and grabbed several balls of Valdani pearl cotton and luxury pearl silk along with several vintage jewelry pieces.  One color caught my fancy- M80 "Distant Grass".  It perfectly reflects the initial transition colors of my Piney Woods.  Then, I was fortunate to have a gorgeous vintage Tara aurora borealis brooch that seemed to be just what I needed for the next project.
 
 
The brooch is exceptionally sparkly, making it difficult to photograph.
 
 
Here is an example of why I chose this particular thread color.
 
 
And another example.  This was taken at the entry to one of my trails into the Piney Woods.  There are lots of these little yellow flowers mixed into the grass and pine straw on the ground.
 
My suggestion to those of you who have asked about creative development advise:  look around you, become more aware of your surroundings.  What catches your eye?  What are you drawn to?  Be inspired by the everyday things you might normally overlook or ignore.  Each day presents you with unlimited opportunites to explore your own creativity.  Take a chance and play.
 
Well, I am off to do just that- play in the Atelier.  My hot cocoa is ready; the dogs are spinning at the door, ready to run in the woods ahead of me and my fingers are itching to get back to work on that brooch.  Have a great day & until tomorrow~
Happy Tatting!
 
 
 
 
 
 


5 comments:

  1. Beautiful I love the brooch, I look forward to seeing how it works out.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how lovely that is...looking forward to seeing what you create from that beginning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too am looking forward to seeing this one.

    Again I marvel at your use of silk thread which I find so very difficult to use. Obviously you do not!

    Perhaps it is because of the different techniques that are used by needle and shuttle tatters?? Maybe it is just me, but I cannot seem to get the knack of working easily with silk thread.

    Maybe it is the type of thread I use. I might just have to try the Valdani.

    Fox ; ))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I bet this one will be an eye-catcher!!! It looks great already!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's amazing how just a 'scalloped' chain enhances a 'plain' but dazzling brooch! Of course I know you're just getting started! I keep thinking of some of my mother's jewelry that I saved. I now see some wonderful possibilities.

    ReplyDelete