Thursday, October 11, 2012

AT Pearls Addition

Good morning!  I am so ready for cooler temps- it has warmed back up and I miss those mornings in the 40 degree range.  Hot cocoa is so much better when it's cool out.  (Not that the warmer temps will keep me from my cocoa!)
 
I have been adding a round to the Autumnal Transitions brooch with pearls using Valdani Luxury Pearl Silk in color S154 "Antique Gold":
 
 
This is the round-in-progress.  More will be added to each side of the pearls to "fluff" the brooch out a bit.  I am also contemplating additional outer rounds, but am torn between two ideas.  Think I'll tat a bit of each on opposite sides of the brooch in order to determine which will work best.  Let's hope I have more to show you tomorrow!
 
The coin pearls are calling me!!!  I have been toying with a necklace design and will work on the prototype this afternoon- IF my morning tatting goes smoothly.
 
I am looking forward to tatting away today, but must admit to being anxious for my Lollia handcreme order to arrive.  It is scheduled for delivery and I am almost in desperate need.  My last tube has been rolled and squeezed as much as possible.  Well, I'm off to the Atelier, hot cocoa in hand with spinning American bulldog Lily Fey leading the way.  Have a wonderful day & until Friday~
Happy Tatting!
 
 


5 comments:

  1. I will share our 38 degrees this morning and believe me the cocoa sure helps to warm me a bit here. :)
    Your brooch is looking awesome!!! :)
    Have a great day!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apparently you start your day quite early! I'm intrigued how you find enough space to do so many layers. It would look finished to me, but I know you have other ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I'll trade temps with you:--it was -2C here this morning ....~29F ! Brrr...with a light dusting of snow.........(no! not yet!)
    Love your brooch. It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete