Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Next Brooch Project

Good morning!  It was nice to get back to my regular routine, although I did not get much tatting done.  I spent a good deal of time sifting through my junque jewelry stash in search of a part to repair a friend's brooch.  After doing that, I looked through the vintage pieces awaiting embellishment.  There is one piece that I've been wanting to enhance for a while, but simply have not taken the time to do it as it is a piece I intend to keep.
 
 
I love this little pine cone brooch and have been looking at it for a while- trying to decide what I should do.  I think I will embellish it with Valdani Luxury Pearl Silk (in Subtle Elegance), Swarovskis, seed pearls and perhaps some Czech seed beads.  The openwork pieces on the front could provide anchors for some ruffled tatting or special bead accents.  The back presents many anchoring options and I am contemplating which way is the best to go.  So... this is my project today.  IF I don't get sidetracked!
 
What tatting projects are you working on?  Anything special?
 
After getting the kid off to school, I plan to spend the morning on the front porch tatting on the pine cone brooch before it gets too hot.  The afternoon will be spent cleaning, brushing and plotting how to re-do my cloches.  I'm still mulling over adding the Parchment motif and accents to the brown one.  Hope you have a wonderful day.  Until tomorrow~
Happy Tatting!
 
 


1 comment:

  1. Love, love the pine cones. When I lived on an island for three and half yrs. I could not wait to see a pine tree. I filled my home with pine cones that fall and winter. Can't wait to see how you complete this project.
    Dawna

    ReplyDelete