Thursday, June 21, 2012

Frustration & Cameos

 It has been frustrating in the Piney Woods lately!  I purchased a gorgeous cameo-


She is so lovely, but the rope bezel around her is not as friendly to adding tatting and beads as I had hoped.  She has taught me a very valuable lesson: don't forget to put on my glasses before going to an estate auction!!!
But I did eventually manage to get some 3mm Swarovski bicones and rice pearls around her and securely anchored.


She is not as symetrical as I would like, but I think she will be stunning with swirls of tatting in "Golden Moss" Valdani Luxury Pearl Silk.

I am still working on a few Eternity pendants and hope to have them finished this morning.  After a little break at the local park, I plan to get to work on the cameo.  For some reason, she seems to be a Myrtle or Gertrude.  What do you think?
Well, I'd better get busy.  Have a great day & until tomorrow~
Happy Tatting!





1 comment:

  1. It's a beautiful cameo, I can see your problem not all cameos would be easy to put beads around. At least you are giving an old cameo new life

    Margaret

    ReplyDelete