Monday, April 9, 2012

O' Tishomingo!

Dear readers, I have a confession- while I shared part of my activities with you last week, I did not mention that we were on our first family vacation in a number of years.  Where did we go?  Tishomingo, Mississippi!


If any of you have seen the movie O Brother, Where Art Thou, the "Soggy Bottom Boys" meet a lone guitar player at a crossroads who asks them, "Is this the way to Tishomingo?"  I asked my husband, who is from Mississippi, where Tishomingo was- he didn't know.  So, I took it upon myself to find out and discovered the hidden treasure of Tishomingo State Park in extreme northeastern Mississippi.

Located in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains, just off the historic Natchez Trace Parkway, Tishomingo State Park was just what we were looking for in a family getaway!  The park has 6 cabins built in the 1930's by the CCC (Civilian Conservation Corps).  We rented one and had a blast! 

Artistic inspiration abounds in these mossy hills.  From our cabin, we could hear the rapids of Bear Creek.  It felt wonderful to sit outside, listen to nature & tat away!

If you want a truly relaxing getaway in a beautiful area, full of Southern grace & hospitality, then I highly recommend Tishomingo State Park.  Give Ms. Charlotte a call at the park office or go online to make your reservations.  Info on the park may be found here.

Check out the blog this week for more of our getaway adventures.  There are lots more images and surprises to come!
Until tomorrow~
Happy Tatting! 

1 comment: