Thursday, February 16, 2012

Off Week

This has been one of those weeks that just feels "off".  For some reason, I can't get into a good tatting groove.  Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of ideas bouncing around in my head- maybe that's the problem...  too many ideas bouncing around and my fingers don't seem to be able to settle long enough to get the ideas from my head to needle & thread.

I do have one work-in-progress to show you.


This is a pendant in progress tatted with Valdani Luxury Pearl Silk in color S 506 "Washed Cinnamon" & is accented with a small, antique brown lip shell button & a 4mm "Copper Rose" Swarovski bicone. 

While mulling over another idea today, I sifted through the button stash.  Here is a lovely little selection that is now by my tatting chair, waiting to be worked into various designs:


Tomorrow may or may not be productive, tattingwise, as the kid is on holiday from school until next Tuesday.  Who knows what we may do- fiber art at home, shopping, or even a trip to Norphlet, AR, to our favorite thread/needlework shop.  Or we may just curl up on the couch and watch chick flicks & eat chocolate all day.  So long as I have time with my girl, it's wonderful!
Until tomorrow~
Happy Tatting!



  

2 comments:

  1. Your pendant looks good so far, I think we are all having an off week, I myself was taken to hospital on Sunday night and still feel rough with a bug.
    I know what you mean about having ideas in your head and not enough time to play with them,
    Have a lovely weekend what ever you do
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete