Monday, December 12, 2011

Camping

How do you take your tatting with you when you travel or go camping?  Pictured below is how I pack my tatting for a weekend in the Piney Woods:


This is a small Plano brand tackle box purchased at Academy Sports a few years back.  It was very inexpensive, yet it is just perfect for hauling tatting necessities for a short camping trip.  As you can see, it holds everything I need and then some.


Here is a view of the tray with thread, scissors, chatelaine, beads, emery cushion, beads, pearls, buttons and findings.

This box is small and just right when space is at a premium.
I will share my portable atelier with you another time.  It is rather large, but suits my needs for extended trips or for when I'm working on many projects at once.

We had a wonderful weekend camping in the Piney Woods!
After 18+ years, our trusty family tent officially died a few weeks back.  We have since replaced it with a new cabin tent and had to take it for a "test camp" on the back acreage.


The new tent has much more headroom (which my tall husband is thrilled with) and is easier and faster to put up than our old 2 room dome tent.  We are VERY pleased with our purchase.

The remaining blog posts this week will feature what I tatted in the woods this weekend along with the free pattern.  Hope you had as wonderful a weekend as we did!  Until tomorrow~
Happy Tatting!



1 comment:

  1. What a great idea. I am always trying to figure out how to travel with mine.
    We have gone from a 3 room tent (5 kids) down to a one room, now that it is just the 2 of us. There is enough room for the air mattress our stuff and our almost 100 pound golden. Will be fun to see how it fits us the next time as we have added a couple of small dogs.

    ReplyDelete