Friday, November 11, 2011

Happy Veteran's Day!

It has been a glorious Veteran's day in the Piney Woods!  A multitude of thanks goes out to all who have served our country- you are greatly appreciated!!!

My day has been fantastic- I have spent it with my wonderful husband, Jim (who is an Air Force veteran).  We strolled through our beautiful Piney Woods and had a nice little picnic at what is the future site of my "tatting shack".  The weather was perfect- cool with gorgeous sunlight filtering through the woods.  Life does not get any better than this!

I did take a basket of thread, tatting needles and beads with me and tatted the foundation for a pendant out of Valdani Luxury Pearl Silk in S513.


This simple medallion is tatted with the following counts:
R 5- 5- (with 3 seed beads) 5- 5 CL RW
CH 7 sm- med- sm- 7 CL RW
R 5+ 5- (with 3 seed beads) 5- 5 CL RW
Continue for a medallion with 12 Rs & CHs
Tie, cut & hide ends.

There is more to this pendant.  I will try to do a weekend post so you can see the finished product.

And remember-
The Piney Woods Harvest Event deadline is November 16th!!!
Click the google "Join this Site" button to follow the blog & to be eligible for the wonderful loot up for grabs.

There have been several readers who have asked about the Piney Woods.  I leave you this week with some random images from my sanctuary:

Fungi in the Piney Woods.

A splash of color.

It seems that my husband wasn't the only old man in the woods!  Doesn't this leaf remind you of a grumpy old man?

I'd love thread this color!

And this color!

May you have a blessed weekend doing whatever it is that makes your soul sing!  Until next time~
Happy Tatting!


2 comments:

  1. Your Piney Woods looks like a wonderful spot to contemplate and tat. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the sound of your Piney woods, looks a lovely spot to tat.
    Gorgeous colour and lovely motif. awaiting to see what else you do with it.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete