Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Fall Ornament, Part Two

It's another gorgeous day in the Piney Woods!

After enjoying my hot cocoa, I went out to my favorite tatting area and did the first round on the ornament.


I am using a size 8 tatting needle and 100% COLORFAST size 8 Valdani pearl cotton in color P2 "Olive Green", a lovely variegated green.  To do this round, simply run the needle through the yoyo and tat chains with the following counts around the perimeter:  CH 7 followed by 5 graduated picots (very sm -, sm -, med -, sm -, very sm -) 7 CL + and continue around yoyo.


Here is a little helpful hint:  when I join the chains to the yoyo, I use my thumb as a guide for spacing and needle placement.  Just be careful not to jab yourself!

More will be added to this ornament in tomorrow's post.  I am contemplating a few different options before proceeding with additional tatting.

The Piney Woods Harvest Event is still going on!  To be eligible for this fantastic giveaway you need to be a follower of this blog.  To do this, simply click on the google "Join this Site" button to the right of the blog just beloww the poll.  Deadline for entry is November 16th!  Good luck!

Lily Fey (my bulldog) is telling me it is time for our run in the woods.  Have a wonderful day.  I will have more tatting goodies to share with you tomorrow.  Until then~
Happy Tatting!





4 comments:

  1. Very pretty!! I love your thread colour!! But I am an autumn girl!!

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that it picks up the color in the yoyo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous colours and picks up the colour of the yoyo
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sure love all of your ideas, and I like to come to your site to see what color of thread I would like to have, and size to. I go to the Valdani site, and I get absolutely lost with color. So gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete