Tuesday, October 25, 2011

October Event Winner

The October Piney Woods Event Winner is:  PlumJo!
PlumJo, please contact me with your proper name and mailing address & I'll get your goodies in the mail.


After cranking up the old random number generator and finding our winner, I strolled outside to sit & tat for a bit.

I made a couple of these bobby pins using Valdani size 8 pearl cotton in color O533.  They are enhanced with yellow rainbow size 11 seed beads and 4mm red Siam Swarovski bicones.  I really like these bobby pin findings because they have a loop where you can attach things with a jumpring- very handy.
The motif is just a simple interlocking chain-ring motif with a center accent and bit of extra tatting around the outer edge.

I have been thinking about what to do for the November Piney Woods Event.  Any suggestions?  Dear readers, your comments and suggestions are ALWAYS appreciated.  There are plenty of giveaway ideas in place for right after Thanksgiving through Christmas.  It is just this next event that has me stumped.  I know I'll come up with something, but it helps to know what folks are in the mood for- a tatted item, beads, thread, buttons, fabric, pearls, tatting accessories or misc. goodies...  Y'all let me know!

Enough of my ramblings, I am off to tat some more as it is a gorgeous day here in the Piney Woods and the Valdani silks are beckoning me with their tempting whispers of "tat me into something pretty".  Have a marvelous day doing whatever makes your soul sing!

Until tomorrow~
Happy Tatting!


2 comments:

  1. this motif is really cute. .and i lave the variegated colours you used-
    hugs
    clau

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the hair ornament....where did you get the wonderful bobby pins with rings?

    ReplyDelete